When it comes to breakfast, oatmeal is probably one of the more popular dishes to enjoy. It’s easy to make and fills you up, helping you get through a busy morning. Oats can be added to many different dishes and are affordable enough to always keep in your kitchen. Here are some of the health benefits of eating oats.
- Oats contain powerful antioxidants that can help to prevent disease in the body.
- Oat bran is high in beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that can help lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Studies have shown that regular consumption of oats may reduce the risk of heart disease in women.
- If you are looking to lose some weight, oats contain properties that help you feel fuller faster. This helps to reduce food cravings and gives you long lasting energy.
- Oats have been shown to help lower high blood pressure and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Oats are an excellent source of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, calcium, and iron. This makes them an important addition to our daily diet.
- If you are looking to include more fiber in your diet, oats are a great source.