Here’s a little secret about me: I have spent the majority of my life not being a morning person. I used to be the grumpiest girl when I first got out of bed. The people who lived with me knew they shouldn’t talk to me until I had my morning cup of tea; otherwise I might snap or mutter something inaudible under my breath. Now that I’m have been a Nutritional Therapist for a while, things have changed. Believe it or not, I get up around 3:30 in the morning, ready to take on the day! I know it sounds crazy but I am just so energized that the thought of laying around in bed depresses me. If you have ever wanted to become a morning person and are looking for some natural ways to get energized, here are some tips I can share with you.
- Start the day with a glass of water: Before I brush my teeth, before I pour my green tea, the first thing I do is drink a lot of water. How much? We’re talking a full-sized mason jar of this beneficial beverage! Hydration is absolutely key to helping us function at full capacity during the day. Sometimes I’ll even squeeze a bit of lemon juice into the water to really get me going, giving my body a nice boost of vitamin C. If you’re truly ambitious, you can add mint and berries to water and infuse it in the refrigerator overnight. Drinking refreshing water is a wonderful way to start the day. Give it a try! You will be amazed at how you feel.
- Start sipping a smoothie: Sometimes I feel like a broken record when it comes to the topic of smoothies. It feels so cliché…a nutritionist writing about the benefits of smoothies. Shocking. But seriously, smoothies really rev-me up. I add so much good stuff into my blender and it gives my body the nutrients it needs to stay energized. You guys know that I’m obsessed with Natural Vitality and all the products this great company has to offer. One of my favorite products is the Organic Life Vitamins because it is packed with nutrients to help me thrive. It also tastes amazing and goes nicely with a variety of smoothie ingredients. You can learn more about this fabulous product here and I highly recommend you start adding it to your smoothies for a boost of energizing nutrients.
- Get outside: I have three dogs and they all have a lot of energy, so when it comes to getting outside daily, I really don’t have much of a choice! I take them for long walks every single day, even when I am exhausted. I find that when I am finished walking, my body feels revitalized and my brain seems to operate at full capacity. Exercise is a great way to get energized and I am a firm believer that you benefit from it even more when you’re outside. Connecting with nature gives us a sense of being grounded and in touch with the universe. It can also aid in relieving stress, an emotion that is terribly exhausting. Make time to be outside every day! Work in the garden, walk along the lake, just get out there and appreciate all that mother nature has to offer.
- Check your digestion: This was a big tip for me because I spent years suffering from digestive issues. I found that all of the symptoms I was experiencing were depleting me of energy. I also found that because I wasn’t absorbing the nutrients I needed to stay energized, I would get sleepy halfway through the day. If you are feeling drained, take a look at your digestive system. Are you experiencing gas, constipation, heartburn, or bloating? Perhaps it’s time to invest in some digestive supplements or a good quality probiotic. You will be amazed at how great you feel once your gut is healthy and happy.
- Stay balanced: This is easier said than done and I am not going to lie… I still struggle with this from time to time. When we are super energized, it can be sometimes hard for us to calm down and get away from things like work, family, and other responsibilities. I find that when I schedule time just for myself, I feel rejuvenated the next day. Soaking in a warm bath is my favorite way to chill out. I will light some candles, turn on some music, and just be at peace. Try adding some Natural Vitality Natural Calm Bath to the water for an extra dose of relaxation. I love the lavender scent because it really takes this pampering experience to another level. You can learn more about it here.
*This is a sponsored post.