Don’t let breakfast bore you….give this recipe for Gluten-Free Coconut Pancakes a try! Not only are they delicious, they contain ingredients that are loaded with valuable nutrients. You can get creative with the toppings by adding blueberries, bananas, or even shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Coconut Pancakes (serves three to four people)
- 3 large, cage-free eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (you can find this in the milk section at most grocery stores)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour (use a bit more if you need to thicken up the pancake mix)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 – 4 Tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil (plus a dollop or two for cooking)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- Shredded coconut and maple syrup for serving
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the eggs, baking powder, coconut sugar (if using), and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and honey (if using). Combine the wet and the dry ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps in the mixture. Grease your griddle or saute pan with some extra coconut oil. Heat it up and spoon about one tablespoon of the mixture to make one pancake. Cook for two to three minutes on one side. When it is golden-brown, it is time to flip the pancake. Cook the remaining side for about two minutes. Transfer pancake to plate and repeat these steps with the remaining mixture. Top the pancakes with syrup and your favorite berries.