In this episode of The Green Nutritionals Kitchen with Margaux, you will discover how easy it is to make a meat-free veggie powder using the Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina Powder! Learn more by visiting www.greennutritionals.com.au.
Green is my favorite color and for good reason! It reminds me of vitality, pureness, and optimal health. Maybe that’s why I love making green smoothies so much! Not only are they delicious but these bright green drinks are loaded with nutrients to help me feel healthy and happy. Green smoothies are a great way to promote clear skin, sustained energy levels, and improve digestion. They are also a good way to incorporate leafy greens into your diet, first thing in the morning! To really rev-up my smoothies, I’ve recently started adding a heaping teaspoon of spirulina to the mix. If you aren’t familiar with spirulina, it is blue – green algae rich in vitamins, protein, minerals, and antioxidants. I highly recommend using Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina because it is grown without any chemicals, pesticides, or herbicides. You can check out their website here to learn more and start using their spirulina in your own smoothies today!
- ½ cucumber – promotes clear and healthy skin
- ½ avocado (seed removed) – promotes a healthy heart and sustained energy levels
- 1 C watercress – promotes a healthy immune system
- ½ C spinach – a great non-dairy source of calcium for strong bones
- 1 generous tsp spirulina – rich in protein for healthy muscles and tissues
- 1 C plain, unsweetened almond or coconut milk – easy to digest
Add all ingredients to your blender and process until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and serve. Enjoy!